When I was very young we moved next door to the village library, and as soon as I could read, I started taking out ten books each week. I’ve been in love with writing of all shapes and sizes ever since!
With an academic specialism in literary texts, I enjoy editing a variety of genres and formats including:
- Flash fiction
- Short stories
- YA fiction
- Fantasy, Sci Fi and Dystopian fiction
- Historical fiction
- Romantic and erotic fiction
- Crime, thrillers and horror
- Literary fiction
I tailor my editing carefully to your needs, whether you need help with:
- The text itself – wording, phrasing, dialogue, grammar
- The bigger picture – structure, plot, theme, point of view, character
- Publishing conventions – formatting, cleaning up and preparing your manuscript for submission to agents, publishers and competitions
I am working on two novels, a TV script and a screenplay of my own, so I know how hard it can be to entrust your writing to someone else, and I really do understand how important it is to balance editorial intervention with respect for the author’s choices.
You can count on me to be gentle, respectful and encouraging, whilst still giving you comprehensive and constructive feedback on your work to help you take it forward.
-"Her skills in editing texts at the macro-level are particularly impressive and her comments on my work, in terms of plotting, character development and theme, have helped me immeasurably. She remains a trusted commentator on my creative work." -